AnGenMap

Archived Post

From zhuiastate.edu  Mon Apr 20 19:16:05 2009
From: Zhiliang Hu <zhuiastate.edu>
To: Multiple Recipients of <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: What's new on the NAGRP animal genome web site (#2, 2009)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:16:05 -0500

What's new on NAGRP animal genome web site (#2, 2009)

o We are happy to announce Release 8 of the Animal QTLdb which includes
   955 new QTL data recently being added to the database (break down by
   species: Pig: 569; Cattle: 252; Chiken: 134).

   Thanks to our new data curator Cari Park, who recently joined our team
   at the Iowa State University, for her diligent works curating the QTLdb.
   We are able to accelerate the pace the new data are entered.

   Feel free to contact us at bioinfo-teamanimalgenome.org if you have
   new data to enter or report any bug you may have found.

o Animal QTLdb data can now be downloaded in GFF format for use in external
   analysis such as uploading to UCSC site for genome feature alignments.
   Similar to the downloads in other formats, downloads of GFF file can be
   made for the whole genome, or for a whole chromosome, or, for a
   customizable scope you view at the chromosome level.

o Bovine 50K SNP chip elements are aligned with cattle genome with GBrowse.
   The alignment is in accordance with QTL information that are already
   aligned within GBrowse.

o Partial pig genome data from Sanger are ported to display with the
   GBrowse software. Currently, GBrowse views are only available for pig
   chromosomes 1, 4, 5, 7, 11, 13, 14, 15, 17, and X.  As the pig genome
   sequencing is progressing, the GBrowse display of the pig QTL alignments
   will be updated as well.

o Horse genome data from NCBI are now ported to display with the GBrowse
   software.

o We routinely keep the site "Frequently Asked Questions"(FAQ) updated.
   Please refer to the URL below for the ones for the Animal QTLdb, and
   for the AnGenMap, respectively.

Check out the "what's new" page for more up-to-date information on this
site: http://www.animalgenome.org/news/whatsnew.html

--
NAGRP Bioinfo Team
bioinfo-teamanimalgenome.org

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk