AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Tue Mar  7 15:50:29 2023
From: "HASAN KHATIB" <hkhatibwisc.edu>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Post-Doctoral Fellow in Animal Genetics
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2023 15:50:29 -0600

The Khatib Lab at the University of Wisconsin Madison is currently searching
for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join our team. We require
someone with proven expertise in whole genome bisulfite sequencing analysis.
The ideal candidate should have a Ph.D. in Animal Genetics, Genetics,
Reproduction, or a related field and a strong background in bioinformatics.
The ideal candidate should have a strong publication record and a keen
interest in creating novel techniques for analyzing epigenetic data on a
large scale. As a member of the Khatib Lab, you will have access to advanced
technologies, computational resources, and a collaborative research
environment.

Responsibilities:

* Conduct research in nutritional epigenetics in sheep, focusing on
  developing and applying computational methods to analyze large-scale
  genomic data. The research is focused on the effects of paternal and
  maternal nutrition on phenotypes and the epigenome of the subsequent
  generations.
* Collaborate with other lab and sheep unit members to design and execute
  experiments.
* Publish research findings in high-impact journals and present at
  conferences.
* Participate in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.

Qualifications:

* Ph.D. in Animal Sciences, Genetics, or related fields and a strong
  background in bioinformatics.
* Proven experience in the analysis of whole genome bisulfite sequencing
  data.
* Strong programming skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.

For more information about our research, see a recent paper published in
PNAS-Nexus: https://doi.org/...93/pnasnexus/pgac040
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, and a list of three references to
Dr. Hasan Khatib at khatibwisc.edu.

Hasan Khatib
Professor of Genetics and Vice-Chair
Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences
https://andysci.wisc.edu/
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Bibliography:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...hy/public/

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team