AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Tue Nov 19 11:27:05 2019
From: "Timothy Smith" <tim.smith2usda.gov>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Bovine Pangenome Consortium
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 11:27:05 -0600

Hello cattle genome research community:

We propose the creation of a Bovine Pangenome Consortium (BPC), with
the goal of characterizing the broadest possible sampling of the
global cattle genome.  Collaborators in the BPC would bring resources
to the table including one or more of the following: ability to
source or create pertinent animal material, provide funds or
contribute sequencing capacity, develop bioinformatics tools, and/or
strong desire to “champion” specific breeds with respect to any
breed-specific genome analysis.

At present, reference-quality genome assemblies have been created or
are near completion for Angus, Hereford, Holstein, Jersey, Simmental,
Piedmontese, Scottish Highland, and Brahman breeds.  If there are
others, we would welcome news of their public availability.  The BPC
goal would be to add as broad a range of other breeds as possible to
this list.

Researchers interested in supporting this effort are encouraged to
email us at tim.smith2usda.gov

Please indicate which of the resources listed above you would
contribute.  While we have no desire to be exclusive, the core BPC
collaboration will consist of resource contributors so we can
evaluate the extent to which we can include the breadth of global
breed diversity.

Ben Rosen
Derek Bickhart
Tim Smith
USDA Agricultural Research Service

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team