AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Tue Nov 12 11:24:58 2019
From: "Hu, Zhiliang [AN S]" <zhuiastate.edu>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: FW: EVA RS release 1
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 11:24:58 -0600

This is great news - EVA has made the first dbSNP release since it's
transition from NCBI.  Please see details below.  Please send your
feedbacks directly to them through an online survey channel they have
kindly provided.

Zhiliang

--------------------------
.From: Baron Koylass <bkoylassebi.ac.uk>
.Date: Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 09:35 AM
.To: "Hu, Zhiliang [AN S]" <zhuiastate.edu>
.Subject: EVA RS release 1

Dear Zhiliang Hu,

The European Variation Archive (EVA) is pleased to announce EVA Release 1
consisting of 750,154,888 variant locus (RS) IDs in 203 non-human species.
This release is the culmination of a year long process to import all
non-human RefSNP (RS) accessioned variants from dbSNP
(https://www.ebi.ac.uk/...bSNP-Import-Progress). The release is available
via the following methods:

Bulk download

The variants are available on the EVA FTP site [1] organised by species/
assembly listing all the RS IDs for variants stored in the European
Variation Archive. The files include current RS accessioned variants,
as well as deprecated and unmapped variants/IDs. More information
regarding the format of the general release can be found in the
"README_general_info.txt", while species specific information can be
found in "README_species_issues.txt".

EVA Website

Variants can be searched by RS or SS IDs on the EVA website [2].

REST Interface

We provide a comprehensive REST API [3] for programmatic access to all of
the EVA data by species, study, and RS ID.

We welcome feedback from the community on this first EVA release and will
aim to incorporate this into future releases. We hope the variants
provided are beneficial in future research and the format they are
presented in is most intuitive. Feedback can be provided using the
short survey: https://tinyurl.com/y53a944z

For regular updates, please subscribe to our mailing list:
 https://listserver.ebi.ac.uk/...istinfo/eva-announce

Many thanks for your time and effort and we look forward to hearing any
comments you may have.

Rgds,
The EVA Team

[1] http://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/...ses/eva/rs_releases/
[2] https://www.ebi.ac.uk/eva/?Home
[3] https://www.ebi.ac.uk/eva/?API
--
Baron Koylass
Helpdesk Bioinformation

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team