AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Tlistmaster Mar 21 09:08:50 2019
From: Fabiana Mokry <Fabiana.Mokrygenusplc.com>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Open Geneticist position at Genus ABS
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 09:08:50 -0500

Dear all,

We are looking for a Beef Geneticist to work within our team on developing
and implementing genetic and genomic evaluations, managing data pipeline
and helping to demonstrate the value of Genus ABS differentiated genetics.
This position is based in our Genus ABS Stapeley Office, UK. Application
and more details can be found at https://lnkd.in/e3b6B8x.

Please contact me ( fabiana.mokrygenusplc.com ) for further information.

Best wishes,
Fabiana

Fabiana Mokry
Lead Beef Geneticist
1525 River Road, Deforest, USA, 53532
Office: +1.608.846.6466
Mobile: +1.608.346.5695
Fabiana.Mokrygenusplc.com
http://www.absglobal.com/

Beef Geneticist

Who Are We?

Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is
uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species
research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution
network. We breed and distribute the genes of the worlds best pigs and
bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to
increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world's
biggest farmers and food producers.

Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish
the world.

Open Role:

An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Geneticist position in our R&D
team, located in the Genus Stapeley Office in the United Kingdom.

The Geneticist is responsible for developing and implementing genetic
evaluations, managing the UK data pipeline to the global database,
including organizing, processing, and analyzing data, and helping to
demonstrate the value of differentiated genetics for internal and external
stakeholders as part of the Global Beef Product Development team.

Specific accountabilities:

* Develop genetic evaluations, new evaluations for novel traits, and manage
  implementation of routine runs
* Collaborate with the research team on innovative approaches for leveraging
  genomic information
* Develop innovative approaches for benchmarking and product validation
* Support the Global Beef Product Development team in identifying
  opportunities to access and analyze data from the supply chain and to
  identify novel phenotypes that will make an impact in beef production.
* Support the EMEA Beef team with data analysis, interpretation of genetic
  results and presentation of results to staff, customers and key accounts
* Support for product validation trials, research trials, and animal sampling
  for genotyping in EMEA
* Help staff and customers understand the value created by ABS genetics

The Candidate:

Required Qualifications:

* PhD degree in Animal Science, Genetics, Statistics, Animal Breeding or
  related field
* Experience in all phases of beef cattle genetic evaluation preferred
* Strong background working with databases (SQL) and using statistical
  packages such as R or JMP to manipulate and analyze data
* Proven ability to work independently to achieve objectives
* Strong communication and technical presentation skills
* Travel required (at least 25%). Must have a valid driver license and an
  acceptable driving record.

Preferred Qualifications:

* Experience working with large datasets and data mining
* Experience with Unix –based systems
* Experience with genomic concepts and evaluations

Capabilities and behaviors:

* Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in
  their day to day ways of working.
* Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers,
  internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
* Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive
  to be an effective team member.
* Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future
  development.
* Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop
  skills applicable to the department.
* Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the
  department’s role within the company.
* A willingness to travel throughout the EMEA region both for data
  collection development and for communication with EMEA sales teams and
  SC stakeholders, as well as occasional travel to the U.S.

Ideally, candidates have experience working in a global role for a company
in the agriculture sector.

What Can We Offer You?

At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with
the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We
offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.

If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative
and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for
you.

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk