AnGenMap

Archived Post

From zhuiastate.edu  Thu May 22 14:26:52 2014
From: "Hu, Zhiliang [AN S]" <zhuiastate.edu>
Postmaster: submission approved
To: Multiple Recipients of <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: new curator tool helps users to deposit their QTL/association
       data
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 14:26:52 -0500

Dear all,

At Animal QTLdb, we have recently created a powerful tool that allows
curators to batch load their QTL/association data into the database.

Basically, this tool lets curators format their QTL/association data in a
local spreadsheet (such as Excel). When ready, a curator can copy/paste the
sheet into a QTLdb curator web form. Prior to data submission, the batch
load tool will intuitively guide curators through a number of data column
defining/ formatting processes in order to satisfy the minimum data quality
requirements of the database.

This tool increases convenience for curators and will greatly accelerate the
progress of data curation. We encourage users to obtain a curator account and
submit their QTL/association data directly to the Animal QTLdb
(http://www.animalgenome.org/QTLdb/app).

Most scientific journals now require that any original QTL/association data
be deposited into a public databases before a paper may be accepted for
publication. The Animal QTLdb has 24,875 QTL/association data as of the last
release on April 24, 2014, and is a lead database in the field. We welcome
user contributions by direct data deposit.

Zhiliang
For Animal QTLdb
http://www.animalgenome.org/QTLdb

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk