Archived Post

From Brian.Dalrymplecsiro.au  Thu Dec 13 19:38:00 2012
From: Brian.Dalrymplecsiro.au (by way of Jill Maddox <jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au>)
To: Multiple Recipients of <sheepmodelsanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Update on submission of RNA sequencing data to the sheep
  genome annotation project
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 19:38:00 -0600

Dear All,

The closing date for submissions of sheep RNA sequence data for the sheep
genome annotation project at ENSEMBL has been set as 31st Jan 2013.

Note: this only applies to data not already deposited in a public archive.
Public data will be obtained direct from the archive.

Data can be submitted in two ways, either on discs/drives to

  Dr Steve Searle
  Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
  Hinxton
  Cambridge
  CB10 1SA
  UK

If submitting on discs/drives I would appreciate receiving a short note
with the submission information (see below) so that the ISGC has a full
picture of how much data is being submitted, please send to
brian.dalrymplecsiro.au.

Or via the internet to the ISGC in Brisbane, we will then package the data
up to send to ENSEMBL. To submit via the internet you will need to contact
sean mcwilliam (sean.mcwilliamcsiro.au) on or after 7th January 2013. Sean
will provide you with the details of the upload procedure.

For both submission methods we need the following information about each
dataset

  Submitter
  Breed
  Tissue
  Sequencing platform
  Read length
  Single end or paired end
  Stranded or not
  Amplified or not
  Approximate size of the dataset

fastq files of the reads are preferred, or alternatively BAM files of the
complete sets of reads (including nonaligned reads)

ENSEMBL is keen to release the aligned data as BAM files as well as the
gene models themselves. If this is a concern to you please indicate this in
the information file.

The data will only be used by ENSEMBL and only for the purposes of
construction of gene models and the annotation of the sheep reference
genome assembly.

I will send out a reminder email early in January. Any questions please
contact me, brian.dalrymplecsiro.au.

Thanks

Brian

Dr Brian Dalrymple
Senior Principal Research Scientist
Stream Leader - Nutrition and Nutrigenomics
CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences
306 Carmody Road
St Lucia
QLD 4067
Australia
Phone +61 7 3214 2503
Fax +61 7 3214 2900
Mobile  0408 697 130

the sheep reference genome assembly Oar v3.1 -
http://www.livestockgenomics.csiro.au/sheep/oar3.1.php

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team