Archived Post

From Brian.Dalrymplecsiro.au  Wed Oct 10 18:36:10 2012
From: Brian.Dalrymplecsiro.au (by way of Jill Maddox <jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au>)
To: Multiple Recipients of <sheepmodelsanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Sheep genome assembly Oar v 3.1 released
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:36:10 -0500

Dear All

The latest version of the International Sheep Genomics Consortium (ISGC)
sheep reference genome assembly, Oar v3.1, is now available from NCBI
GenBank.

For chromosome assemblies go to
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assembly/GCA_000298735.1/
and for the full assembly, including scaffolds and contigs not assigned to
chromosomes, go to
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assembly?Db=nuccore&DbFrom=assembly&Cmd=Link&LinkName=assembly_nuccore_insdc&IdsFromResultB6968

To allow annotation by ENSEMBL we have agreed not to release a new version
of the assembly until late 2014, although we are likely to release update
patches for some regions before then. A presentation on the genome assembly
and future plans for the reference genome will be made at PAG2013.

We will also make additional data available from the
www.livestockgenomics.csiro.au website in the near future.

This version has a few small differences from the pre-release version, Oar
v3.0, which if you did download from the livestock genomics website should
now be discarded.

Any questions please drop me an email.

Thanks

Brian

Dr Brian Dalrymple
Senior Principal Research Scientist
Research Stream Leader - Nutrition and Nutrigenomics
Leader of the sheep reference genome assembly project

CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences
306 Carmody Road
St Lucia
QLD 4067
Australia
Phone +61 7 3214 2503
Fax +61 7 3214 2900
Mobile  0408 697 130

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk