Archived Post

From jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au  Tue Mar 27 21:32:27 2012
From: Jill Maddox <jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au>
To: Multiple Recipients of <SheepModelsanimalgenome.org>
Subject: High density sheep SNP chip to include functional gene
  mutations
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:32:27 -0500

Hi All

The high density sheep SNP chip (~800,000 SNPs) is currently being
designed. The chip will include functional gene mutations - possibly as
many as 100,000. Most of these will be derived from the comparison
of sequenced sheep genomes but if there are any mutations that you
are aware of that you would like to definitely be included please let
us know. We are investigating the practicality of including a sheep
MHC typing system on the chip. Please let me know if you are
interested in the chip having the capacity to do MHC typing.

For those of you who are not really interested in SNP chips for gene
mapping, the functional SNPs on the chip will offer a convenient way
of typing many functional mutations in sheep simultaneously for a
reasonable price (we are hoping for an all up genotyping cost
including processing of under US$200 per sheep sample).

To those of you who have not already contacted James Kijas
 please contact him if you are likely to be
interested in purchasing HD SNP chips.

Regards

Jill

Jill Maddox
16 Park Square
Port Melbourne, 3207
Australia
phone: 03 9646 0428
E-mail: jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team