Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Wed Mar  6 11:29:09 2019
From: Carrie Finno <cjfinnogmail.com>
Subject: Re: popup fundraiser
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: OMIA-Supporters <omia-supportanimalgenome.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 11:29:09 -0600

Dear Frank and group,

I am in complete agreement with Tosso.  The OMIA database has assisted me,
on many occasions, with writing book chapters and review papers.  The tool
is indispensable to the animal genetics community.  I will personally be
donating!

Best,

Carrie Finno, DVM, PhD
Diplomate, ACVIM
Associate Professor, Veterinary Genetics
Gregory L. Ferraro Endowed Director, Center for Equine Health
University of California-Davis
280 Vet Med II
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616
(530)-752-2739

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:07 PM <tosso.leebvetsuisse.unibe.ch> wrote:

> Dear Frank,
>
> I am all in favor to add the popup asking for donations to OMIA. OMIA has
> become an absolutely vital resource to animal geneticists. As it is always
> notoriously difficult to secure long-term funding from the regular
> sources,
>
> the bid for private donations really might help with ensuring sustainability
> of OMIA.
>
> Thank you very much for all your efforts!
>
> Best regards
> Tosso
>
> --
> Prof. Dr. Tosso Leeb
> Institute of Genetics
> University of Bern
> Bremgartenstrasse 109a, P.O. Box 3350
> 3001 Bern
> Switzerland
>
> Phone: +41 31 631 23 26
> E-Mail: Tosso.Leebvetsuisse.unibe.ch
> http://www.genetics.unibe.ch

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team