Archived Post

From frank.nicholassydney.edu.au  Wed May 10 22:24:42 2017
From: Frank Nicholas <frank.nicholassydney.edu.au>
x-originating-ip: [172.20.34.23]
To: OMIA-Supporters <omia-supportanimalgenome.org>
Subject: FW: Changes at dbSNP and European Variation Archive
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:24:42 -0500

Dear OMIA supporters,

You may have already seen the news that from September this year, dbSNP
and dbVar will take only human variants and EVA will take only non-human
variants: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/...n-variants

This rationalisation is understandable and sensible.

Some of you will have seen the following message I have just sent to the
angenmap discussion group, mentioning the present negotiations with EVA -
negotiations that were mentioned in the previous message to this group.

We are making great progress with the development of a simplified variant
submission process to EVA. I will let you all know as soon as there is
something concrete to report.

Regards
Frank