Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Tue Jan 31 21:36:43 2017
From: Fiona McCarthy <fionamccemail.arizona.edu>
Subject: Re: Limited representation of OMIA causative mutations for cattle in SNP databases
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: OMIA-Supporters <omia-supportanimalgenome.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 21:36:43 -0600

I strongly agree that we need to ensure that SNPs are uploaded to dbSNP as
a part of publication and that accessions are reported in the article. In
addition to contacting Journal Editors, we all need to do our part as
reviewers to insist on this.

The argument of not wanting to submit data to a public archive because the
process is tedious also applies to SRA data and yet we all still manage
that process.

Frank - do you have a list of Journals where you most commonly find SNP
data? It may be that a general statement targeting these editors would be a
great starting place. I would be happy to sign a statement like this
showing my support.

Fiona

--
The AgBase Databases
School of Animal and Comparative Biomedical Sciences

http://www.agbase.msstate.edu/

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team