EPIgroup mail archive
From hkhatibwisc.edu  Tue Mar 19 10:17:41 2013
From: Hasan Khatib <hkhatibwisc.edu>
To: Multiple Recipients of <epigroupanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Collaborations
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:17:41 -0500

Dear colleagues, In our meeting at the Plant and Animal Genome (PAG)
meeting in San Diego, we discussed sharing information about our research
with the community as a tool to enhance collaborations. If you have new
publications related to epigenetics, please send that information to the
group. Also, if you are seeking collaborations, please send a brief summary
of your research interests to the EPIgroup. I'll start this discussion with
a summary of my research and a recent publication from my lab:

Embryonic loss is a major contributor to infertility. The Objectives of my
research are to identify and characterize genes and pathways for embryo
development, female fertility, and male fertility. In the last few years, a
unique in-vitro fertilization (IVF) experimental system was established in
my lab that enabled us to identify many genes and pathways involved in
fertility traits. We produced more than 6,000 IVF cattle embryos and more
that 9,000 fertilization records. Currently, we are investigating the roles
of imprinted genes and epigenetic modifications in early embryonic
development using RNA-Seq, micoarrays, and RNAi. Another focus of my
research is the investigation of the effects of maternal diets on fetal
traits through gene expression and epigenetics. In recent years, it is
evident that maternal diet during the different stages of pregnancy can
induce physiological and epigenetic changes in fetal tissues in different
species, which in turn could have serious implications after birth. The
objective of my research is to better understand the mechanisms underlying
these effects.

A paper just published yesterday in Frontiers in Genetics:
http://www.frontiersin.org/.../10.3389/fgene.2013.00049/abst
ract ( Maternal diet during pregnancy induces gene expression and DNA
methylation changes in fetal tissues in sheep; Lan et al.)

Best wishes, Hasan

--
Hasan Khatib (PhD)
Associate Professor

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk