CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au  Thu Mar 24 06:40:08 2016
From: Jill Maddox <jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au>
To: Multiple Recipients of Cri-Map Users <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Re: output management
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 06:40:08 -0500

Hi again Jack

Yes, build generates copious output which isn't a lot of use. It made more
sense when data sets were very small and populations were small. It would
probably be better to have an option to just output the final map and
alternate positions for unplaced markers (although would be nicer to do
this more like multimap does) but otherwise what you're doing makes sense.
Alternatively you could pipe to an awk script (or something with similar
effect) so that it only starts
outputting when it gets to the "Sex-averaged".

Regards

Jill
At 03:54 AM 24/03/2016, you wrote:

>Hi all (again),
>

>I have another issue.
>

>As I run build on larger sets of markers, the output gets much larger.  I can
>imagine a point where this is a real problem.  To fix this, I have
>been piping
>the output to tail before redirecting to a file.  For example:
>

>crimap 20 build | tail -n 5000000 > build.out
>

>Is this reasonable?  Am I missing any useful information in all of the orders
>output? Is there any other way to turn that off?
>

>Thanks again,
>

>Jack Littrell
>
>Data Lackey
>
>Medical College of Wisconsin

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk