CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From jlittrellmcw.edu  Wed Mar 23 11:54:36 2016
From: "Littrell, John" <jlittrellmcw.edu>
To: Multiple Recipients of Cri-Map Users <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: output management
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:54:36 -0500

Hi all (again),

I have another issue.

As I run build on larger sets of markers, the output gets much larger.  I can
imagine a point where this is a real problem.  To fix this, I have been piping
the output to tail before redirecting to a file.  For example:

crimap 20 build | tail -n 5000000 > build.out

Is this reasonable?  Am I missing any useful information in all of the orders
output? Is there any other way to turn that off?

Thanks again,

Jack Littrell

Data Lackey

Medical College of Wisconsin

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk