CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au  Wed Mar  6 18:39:48 2013
From: Jill Maddox <jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au>
To: Multiple Recipients of <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: CRI-MAP and full-sibling families, MultiMap
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:39:48 -0600

Hi All

All versions of CRI-MAP have errors in twopoint handling for full-sibling
families. These are most problematic for large full-sibling families. We
are still working on this problem. In the meantime we have an interim
version of CRI-MAP that gives better full-sibling twopoint results than the
available versions. The other modules of CRI-MAP do things differently to
twopoint and don't have the same problem with full-sibling families.

There are some problems with versions 2.504 and 2.504a and MultiMap that
are caused by some debug messages inadvertently being left in the lispcri
version of the code. The interim version includes fixes for this.

If you wish to use this interim version then please contact me and I will
send it to you. We are not releasing this version more generally as there
are a couple of outstanding issues with the new map building module that we
want to fix first.

Regards

Jill Maddox

Jill Maddox 16 Park Square Port Melbourne, 3207 Australia phone: 03 9646
0428 E-mail: jillian.maddoxalumni.unimelb.edu.au

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team