CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From zhuiastate.edu  Wed Aug  1 17:17:11 2012
From: "Hu, Zhiliang [AN S]" <zhuiastate.edu>
To: Multiple Recipients of <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: RE: What license for crimap-improved?
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:17:11 -0500

Hi, Simon,

The original CRI-MAP by Dr. Green et al does not require a license. He used
to send you a copy directly upon a personal request statement "for academic
use only". Later it was hosted at Rutgers for Green
(http://compgen.rutgers.edu/old/multimap/crimap/) and no license is
claimed, even an GNU artistic license. Citation for use is requested.

The improved CRI-MAP by Jill Maddox et al does not claim for license
either. My understanding is that it's supported by "public" funding thus
free for academic and research in public domain - Jill on this mailing list
may give a more accurate answer. By the way, any possible funding from
AgResearch or elsewhere to support Jill for further CRI-MAP improvement
will surely be appreciated.

You may find both Phil Green and Jill Maddox's email on this web site to
confirm though.

Jill - Maybe we can put a license claim on the web?

--
Zhiliang