CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From jillmrubens.its.unimelb.edu.au  Wed Nov 16 21:13:56 2011
From: Jill Maddox <jillmrubens.its.unimelb.edu.au>
To: Multiple Recipients of <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Re: Ask for your help!
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:13:56 -0600

Hi Xueyan

The genfile format is pretty well described in the CRI-MAP documentation
and in the tutorial at
http://www.ch.embnet.org/...Embnetut/Crimap/datafrmt.html. So, the best thing
to do is read the documentation and tutorial and look at the example files.
The CRI-MAP merge function is also useful for merging markers and families.

It can be set up with any text editor or other programs such as word
or excel - just make sure to save it as an ascii file with whitespace
delimiters (space or tab). You can use the fragment sizes of the ssr
markers or code them as a different number.

Regards

Jill
At 01:36 PM 17/11/2011, sxueyan wrote:

>Dear manager,
>
>I am Xueyan Shen from TLL, Singapore. I am doing map construction using the
>software Crimap, however, I come across some problems. I still dont know
>how to use this software correctly. Could you spare a little time to help
>me to solve this problem.
>
>I have two mapping families, I use the ssr markers. I dont know how to
>convert the raw ssr genotype data to the input file for the software
>Crimap.
>  I hope to get the male and female sex-specific
>linkage maps, and still the final map by merging 2 Families.
>

>Many thanks in advance!
>

>Xueyan

Jill Maddox 16 Park Square Port Melbourne, 3207 Australia phone: 03 9646
0428 E-mail: jillmrubens.its.unimelb.edu.au

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk