CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From boysun2010163.com  Tue Nov  8 08:15:03 2011
From: =?GBK?B?y+/R3rei?= <boysun2010163.com>
To: Multiple Recipients of <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Re: crimap
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:15:03 -0600

HiI,Jill Thank you for your help. I will seriously consider your proposal.
These suggestion are very important to me. Best wishes for you and all
people in our discussion group.

Sun Yan-fa

At 2011-11-08 10:18:42,"Jill Maddox"  wrote:

>Hi Anna
>
>As Zhiliang says if you want to correspond with Phil Green (Genome Sciences
>Department, Washington University,
>http://www.gs.washington.edu/faculty/green.htm) then you need to e-mail him
>directly and you will be incredibly lucky if he replies - he hasn't replied
>to any of my e-mails about CRI-MAP.
>
>In my experience when a gen file is correctly specified (no extra
>characters or missing genotypes) CRI-MAP sometimes misses noninheritances
>but it doesn't give false noninheritances. The missing inheritances bug has
>been fixed in the next version of CRI-MAP that we are currently developing.
>So it is possible that there is a problem in your gen file. One way of
>checking that a gen file is OK is to unmerge the last locus from it (using
>the unmerge program - I've attached a version of unmerged that was updated
>by Ian Evans) and check that the resulting gen file is OK. If the gen file
>for this marker is incorrect then there is a problem with the gen file.
>
>Regards
>
>Jill
>At 06:05 AM 5/11/2011, Anna Puig wrote:
>
>>Dear Green,
>>I am using crimap_2.503a_inc_doc.tar.gz in unix. When running my .gen file,
>>having 235 SNP markers, with the prepare option I found that there were a
>>lot of non-inheritances. Though, we checked the mendelian inheritance
>>through pedstats program and it did not detect any error so it run
>>perfectly. In addition we have test it with only a part of the pedigree and
>>it works well. Nevertheless when adding all animals in .gen file it
>>detected the non-inheritance error for hardly all animals. Then when fixed
>>option was run I found a large cM map not corresponding with the real
>>physical map. I wondered how does it detect inheritances and if 340 animals
>>is too large in this case.
>>Thank you,
>>Anna

>Jill Maddox 16 Park Square Port Melbourne, 3207 Australia phone: 03 9646
>0428 E-mail: jillmrubens.its.unimelb.edu.au

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team