CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From chemail.rockefeller.edu  Fri Nov  4 13:40:36 2011
From: "Chunsheng He" <chemail.rockefeller.edu>
Postmaster: Processed by the Listmaster
To: Multiple Recipients of <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: RE: RE: A bug, I found,Help
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 13:40:36 -0500

Hi Yan-Fa,

Here are my suggestions:

1) You cannot run Cri-Map in your current way: "./crimap chrname prepare >
out". Cri-Map will just freeze there and produce no output for you.
Cri-Map/prepare is a program that need to run in an interactive manner, which
means type"./crimap chrname prepare" and then answer all its questions one by
one. If you don't like this interactive manner, use 'lispcri' instead.

2) To use Cri-Map for your sib-pairs, you need to make sure the parental
genotypes are available in data. Cri-Map is not a full-likelihood program
and it does not require allele freq information. It will give you
inaccurate (under-estimated) map distance if parental data are missing. If
this is the case, I suggest you to use sib_map (multipoint marker distance
estimation from sib-pair data) in the ASPEX (or Allegro/Genehunter) instead
to get unbiased results.

Best,

Chunsheng

Statistical Genetics Lab Rockefeller University