AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Mon Dec  5 12:49:07 2022
From: "Zhihua Jiang" <jiangzwsu.edu>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: ASAS Annual Meeting 2023 - Workshop on the Central
       Dogma of Phenomics - A Global Call for Speakers
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 12:49:07 -0600

Dear Colleagues,

The American Society of Animal Science (ASAS) will hold its next annual
meeting from July 16 to July 20, 2023 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. With the
approval of the overall annual meeting program committee, we will organize a
one-day animal breeding and genetics workshop on the central dogma of
phenomics.

Phenomics is a genome wide study of phenotypic dynamics during the life span
of an organism. The central dogma of quantitative genetics describes
phenotype (P) as a function of genotype (G), environment (E) and their
interaction or P = G + E + G x E. On the other hand, the central dogma of
molecular genetics states that DNA makes RNA makes protein. Recent advances
in both fields have indicated that environments affect the expression and
function of genes underlying complex traits, causing phenotypic variation.
Therefore, what is the central dogma of phenomics?

The theme of our workshop will focus on, but is not limited to, the
following topics: 1) What is the study of phenomics; 2) What are challenges
in studying phenomics; 3) What are currently available tools and resources
to study phenomics; 4) How phenomics studies have advanced in animals and 5)
What is the central dogma of phenomics? Overall, the workshop will review
current genome-to-phenome research progress and provide strategies, tools,
and resources to take the programs to the next level.

As the ASAS Animal Breeding and Genetics Committee, we invite you to speak
at this workshop. If you are interested, please send your preliminary
presentation title and 2 to 3 bullet points outlining the content of your
talk to Dr. Zhihua Jiang (jiangzwsu.edu) no later than December 18, 2022.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Zhihua Jiang (Chair)
Gota Morota
Breno Fragomeni
Christopher Ashwell
Christine Baes

Zhihua Jiang, Ph.D.
Professor of Genome Biology
Fulbright U.S. Scholar
Hatch Program Chair in Animal Biology and Biomedicine
Department of Animal Sciences
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-7620
Phone: 509 – 335 8761
Email: jiangzwsu.edu

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team