AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Mon Jul  4 16:25:04 2022
From: "TENESA Albert" <Albert.Tenesaed.ac.uk>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Tenured Chair Position at the Roslin Institute - University of
       Edinburgh
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 16:25:04 -0500

The Roslin Institute is expanding in many areas of research, and as part of
that strategic vision we are looking to appoint a Full Professor of
Quantitative Genomics. We welcome candidates working in the broad area of
quantitative genetics, quantitative genomics, and animal breeding to help us
make transformative changes in livestock research and address major societal
challenges, including food security and climate change.

We are looking for a team player, with a strong record of sustained
publication of international quality, and the drive and potential to make an
outstanding contribution to this research area. This is an opportunity to
participate in the activities and intellectual life of the University of
Edinburgh and The Roslin Institute, as well as contributing to delivering the
broader research vision of the Director and addressing major strategic themes
from BBSRC (https://www.ukri.org/councils/bbsrc/). Industry-related
experience and the ability to influence policy will be a bonus. Finally, the
post brings the opportunity to form and lead the Data Driven Innovation
(https://ddi.ac.uk) funded Centre for Breeding to drive the next wave of
innovations in collaboration with the wider University (precision
phenotyping, machine learning, satellite imaging, genome editing, etc.) and
extensive industry contacts.

Prospective candidates wishing to discuss the appointment should contact
Professor Bruce Whitelaw, Director of the Roslin Institute
(Bruce.Whitelawroslin.ed.ac.uk), Professor Albert Tenesa
(Albert.Tenesaed.ac.uk), Professor Andrea Doeschl-Wilson
(Andrea.Wilsonroslin.ed.ac.uk), or Dr Gregor Gorjanc
(Gregor.Gorjancroslin.ed.ac.uk).  If you are at WCGALP, feel free to
approach  Andrea or Gregor for a chat.

The deadline is 16.00 BST on the 1st of August 2022.

The full description of the post can be found here: https://edin.ac/3R2reox

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk