AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Sun Nov  1 15:43:46 2020
From: Joseph Nader Deeb <nader.deebgmail.com>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Open Geneticist position at FAST Genetics
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 15:43:46 -0600

Geneticist - Located in Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Fast Genetics is seeking a Geneticist to add to their genetic research
team. The successful candidate will join an innovative group of
professionals responsible for routine genomic evaluations, development, and
implementation of selection goals, and communication with nucleus herds,
production staff, and customers. This position is based in Saskatoon,
Saskatchewan, Canada.

This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day
functions but is not limited to:

• Development, implementation, and monitoring of genomic evaluations.

• Development of standards for the collection, storage, and quality
  control of data (phenotypes and genotypes).

• Genomic analysis including genome-wide association studies and SNP
  array designs.

• Genetic statistical analyses for customer-specific questions.

• Development and optimization of workflows.

• Genetic support for sales staff and key account customers.

• Actively contribute to the Fast Genetics research and development team.

The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and
experiences:

• A Ph.D. in animal breeding is preferred. Ph.D. in a related discipline
 considered.

• Strong expertise and experience in quantitative genetics and animal
  breeding including various statistical methods used in genotype
  imputations, genomic prediction/genomic selection, optimal breeding
  program, and economic index.

• Experience in large-scale genome-phenotype association and/or sequence
  data analysis.

• Passion for genetic statistical analysis and strong statistical skills.

• Proficiency in software related to animal breeding and genomics.

• Programming skills.

• Ability and willingness to travel.

• Knowledge of pig production is an asset.

• Motivation to work independently or as a team to boost our products.

• Fluency in English and excellent oral and written communication skills.

About Fast Genetics

Fast Genetics is a leading North American based pig genetics company with
global reach. We provide breeding stock and innovative genetic solutions to
pork producers to assist them in providing healthier food and using fewer
resources in an environmentally sustainable way. We are committed to our
founding principles of high health, integrity, and animal care. At Fast
Genetics we empower our people by supporting and encouraging them to grow
personally as well as professionally.

Wages will be based on the successful candidate’s experience and
qualifications.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to:

Attention: Human Resources Email: akondrafastgenetics.com

We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be
contacted.

 http://www.fastgenetics.com

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk