AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Thu Apr  2 13:11:09 2020
From: Haja Kadarmideen <haja.kadarmideeniscb.org>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Job_Vacancy_=E2=80=93_Bioinformatician_at_Synomics?=
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 13:11:09 -0500

Job Vacancy =E2=80=93 Bioinformatician (Senior/Junior)
Location: Oxford, UK or Copenhagen, Denmark
Type:  Full-time, permanent
Job Ref Nr: SYN-BI- 02/20

Synomics aims to transform the efficiency of the agri-food industry by
improving animal and crop production efficiency, and the economics and
sustainability of the entire production value chain for multiple
species. Our platform is a revolutionary advance in the analysis of
high-throughput genotypic, phenotypic and environmental data to
accurately measure and analyse protein production efficiency, health,
accelerate genetic progress, and deliver more sustainable protein
production from animals and plants. We=E2=80=99re rapidly growing AI enable=
genomics, breeding and precision agriculture company with global
ambition and partnerships with some of the largest international
livestock breeding companies and research institutes. We=E2=80=99re located
near Oxford, UK and near Copenhagen, Denmark.

We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior or Junior
Bioinformatician (with a focus on Animal/Plant sciences) to join our
team at Synomics, reporting to our CTO, Professor Haja Kadarmideen. We
are looking for someone who is comfortable working with one or more
livestock species (e.g., dairy & beef cattle, pig, companion animal
and poultry breeding) datasets both commercial and academic. The ideal
candidate will have relevant expertise and experience in
bioinformatics, data science and computational (systems) biology.

The main responsibilities will involve identifying and interpreting
novel associations within large, multi-dimensional animal/crop
phenotypic, pedigree and genetic / genomic datasets. The ideal
candidate will have a keen interest in creating insight and value from
complex data from animal/crop breeding organizations and experiments,
a good knowledge of animal/crop biology and a passion for identifying
and answering questions that help us solve real-world problems and
build the best products. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape
the direction of the business as a key member of the team.

Please go to: https://github.com/...ynomics/jobvacancies to download the
full job description matching with job title / reference ID.

To apply, please submit cover letter, your CV, and publication list
(if relevant) to: jobssynomics.ai

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 27 April 2020

Synomics is a new portfolio company of Wheatsheaf Group Ltd and has a
close collaboration with PrecisionLife Ltd.

Prof.Haja Kadarmideen
CTO Synomics Ltd & Director Synomics ApS
Professor, Technical University of Denmark

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team