AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Tlistmaster Apr  2 11:13:17 2020
From: Eileen Wall <Eileen.Wallsruc.ac.uk>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: SRUC Challenge Centre - Research Fellows
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 11:13:18 -0500

Changing global political landscapes present significant challenges and
opportunities for all in research and education to address the major
challenges we face as a society which include food and nutrition security
from a healthy and safe environment in the presence of climate change.
SRUC has a vital role in ensuring evidence and scientific insight informs
how we respond to these challenges.

SRUC is establishing Challenge Driven Research Centres bringing together
academic, industry and policy experts to address and deliver to the key
global and local challenges. Our Centres will be the key collaborative
research platform in SRUC bringing together our leading staff, students
and partners to help solve the challenges.

The Centres will be:
- Driving Data and Digital Innovation
- Global Climate Emergency
- Safe & Improved Food
- Thriving Natural Capital for Scotland
- Future Food Systems

To place SRUC at the centre of providing answers to these challenges
we now seek to employ a group of SRUC Challenge Fellows. We are looking
for the highest quality candidates with relevant research linked to the
Challenges outlined who will seize the development opportunities
provided and become future research leaders in their field. This cohort
of up to 10 researchers will focus specifically on addressing the
challenges themes and can come from any discipline with the capacity to
work across disciplinary interfaces.

The fellowship will last for up to 5 years and support early career
researchers and academic innovators of the highest promise to develop
their careers in a supportive and collaborative environment. As well as
a salary the fellowship will be supported by initial research costs and
a tailored training and development plan. This is an opportunity to
become involved in and contribute to the future success and impact of
SRUC and the outcomes of the Challenge Driven Research Centres.

To apply you must hold a PhD and have postdoctoral research experience,
with an emerging publication track record in high quality academic
journals or equivalent. Your research interests should align with
Challenge Driven themes. Successful candidates will be able to
demonstrate strong leadership qualities and an enthusiasm for developing
skills in teaching, leadership, impact development and engagement with
excellent interpersonal and communication skills.

Further details and how to apply can be found
https://www.sruc.ac.uk/..._locations.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed
application form.

Closing date for applications is 26 April 2020.

Eileen Wall
Head of Research SRUC
Email: Eileen.wallsruc.ac.uk

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team