AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Fri Jan 17 10:11:10 2020
From: zengting.liuvit.de
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: A data scientist position at the German genetic
       evaluation centre vit
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 10:11:10 -0600

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to a data scientist / geneticist position
at vit, a genetic evaluation centre in Germany. Please forward this job
description to your colleague who may be interested in it.

Kind regards,

Zengting Liu

            We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated
                     Data Scientist (m/f/d)
            for genetic and genomic evaluations in dairy cattle
                 to join our genetic evaluation team.

You can expect:
   1. Exciting and challenging projects with innovative technologies in an
      agile environment
   2. Self-organized work in a motivated and dynamic team
   3. Friendly and open working atmosphere
   4. Health promotion, regular company events, old-age provision and more
      are of course part of it!

Your responsibilities:
   1. Further development and implementation of breeding value estimation
      procedures
   2. Genetic statistical analyses for customer-specific questions
   3. Optimization of workflows
   4. Writing publications
   5. Customer service and consulting

Your skills:
   1. Degree in agricultural sciences, mathematics or comparable
      qualification with statistical focus
   2. Passion for genetic statistical analysis
   3. Programming experience in Python or R
   4. Good English language skills, German is a plus
   5. Being open to the requests and wishes of our customers
   6. motivation to work together as a team to boost our products

Please send your application to Dr. Dierck Segelke (dierck.segelkevit.de).

Vereinigte Informationssysteme
Tierhaltung w.V.
Dr. Dierck Segelke
Heinrich-Schröder-Weg 1
27283 Verden (Aller)
GERMANY
+49 (0) 4231 / 955 145
dierck.segelkevit.de

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team