AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Tue Nov 26 13:17:03 2019
From: "Reecy, James M [VPR]" <jreecyiastate.edu>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Animal QTLdb and CorrDB funding update
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 13:17:03 -0600

Dear Livestock Genomics Community:

We first started developing Animal QTLdb (https://www.animalgenome.org/QTLdb)
in 1999. Since that time, it has grown dramatically to include more than
174,000 QTL/associations for over 2,000 traits in cattle, pig, sheep, chicken,
horse, and rainbow trout and has been highly referenced. In 2013, we expanded
our efforts to include the curation of genetic and phenotypic correlations,
along with trait heritability estimates (CorrDB;
https://www.animalgenome.org/CorrDB). These efforts have been predominantly
funded by the USDA-AFRI program. Unfortunately, our latest USDA-AFRI grant
application, which was ranked in high priority, was not funded. Since this
funding is critical for ongoing database expansion and updates, these
resources are currently at risk of becoming static.

We are presently pursuing other funding opportunities to continue our efforts.
To help us document the extent of the user community and to begin planning for
a sustainability model, it would be greatly appreciated if you could complete
a short 5-question survey
(https://iastate.qualtrics.com/...kvyw5RZ7c9). The information
that you provide will be vital as we work to justify our efforts.

Sincerely,

James Reecy
Zhiliang Hu (Database Developer)
Cari Park (Curator)

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk