AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Wed Nov 20 11:32:04 2019
From: Daniela do Amaral Grossi <d_agrossiyahoo.com.br>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Geneticist Position at Fast Genetics
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 11:32:04 -0600

Dear All,

Please see below a great opportunity with the swine industry.

Regards,

Daniela Grossi, Phd
Geneticist, Fast Genetics
Email: dgrossifastgenetics.com

Geneticist - Located in Saskatoon Sk., Canada or Ames IA., USA.

About the Opportunity

Fast Genetics is seeking a Geneticist to add to their research and development
team.  The position is located in Saskatoon, SK, CA or Ames, IA, USA.

The successful candidate will join a small group of professionals responsible
for regular genomic evaluations, development of new selection methods and new
traits, development of selection goals and communication of selection goals
and methods to our nucleus herds and production staff. The team is also
responsible for technical support to customers and sales staff in the area of
genetics and selection. The Geneticist will report to the Senior Geneticist.
The Saskatoon, Canada location is preferred, Ames IA would be considered as
an alternate location.

This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day
functions but is not limited to:

• Development and implementation of genomic evaluations.
• Monitoring/validation of genomic evaluations.
• Development of standards for collection, storage and quality control of data
  needed for genetic evaluations.
• Genome wide association studies.
• Technical support for sales staff and key account customers.
• Participation in Fast Genetics Research and Development committee meetings.
• Development of selection methods for novel traits.

The successful candidate would ideally possess the following qualifications and
experiences:

• PhD in Animal Breeding is preferred. PhD in a related discipline considered.
• Strong statistical skills.
• Experience in processing and analysis of large data sets including genomic
  data.
• Proficiency in software related to animal breeding and genomics.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including speaking to
  groups.
• Knowledge of pig production is an asset.

The successful candidate must also demonstrate our shared values:

- Integrity: to be honest with our customers and ourselves and to maintain high
  ethical principles
- Respect: for our people, our pigs, our customers and the environment in which
  we work.
- Innovation: to always seek new and creative ways to improve our products and
  services for our customers.
- Excellence: we will do what it takes to get the job done right in an effort to
  exceed customer expectations.

About Fast Genetics

Fast Genetics is a leading North American based pig genetics company with global
reach. We provide breeding stock and innovative genetic solutions to pork
producers to assist them in providing healthier food and using fewer resources
in an environmentally sustainable way. We are committed to our founding
principles of high health, integrity, and animal care. At Fast Genetics we
empower our people by supporting and encouraging them to grow personally as well
as professionally.

Wages will be based on the successful candidate’s experience and
qualifications.

We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be
contacted.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to:
Human Resources Manager at  lsmolinskifastgenetics.com

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk