AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Fri Mar 29 15:47:12 2019
From: Thomas Heams <thomas.heamsagroparistech.fr>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: PRIAM - 2nd year Master Program in Animal Science in
       Paris - Applications are open !
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 15:47:12 -0500

Dear All,

The application process for our 2nd Year Master Program in PRedictive and
Integrative AniMal biology (PRIAM) in Paris, France is open for 2019-2020.
We are looking for outstanding, motivated and enthusiastic students from
all countries, with a relevant background in biology and a special interest
for animal sciences

PRIAM is for an international audience : all courses are in English. We are
used to international audiences and we do value interculturality !
https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/...ntation-m2

And we have an International Masters Scholarship Programme
https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/...-de-master

PRIAM offers an updated training in -Animal breeding and genetics -
Integrative physiology, modeling and precision livestock farming which will
improve your knowledge in biology as well as your expertise on methods to
model biological processing and analyze huge sets of data. The main
emphasis is put on farm animals, for livestock production or aquaculture.
Companion animals, as well as some wild species and model species are also
under consideration. Courses will relate these issues with environmental
and societal issues such as biodiversity, sustainability, animal welfare
and ethics. They provide methodological skills and expertise valuable for
the integration of different levels of organization of living organisms
(from molecules to populations). Students will also be trained to multi-
disciplinary and inter-disciplinary approaches. The field covers a wide
spectrum of animal species. The first professional goal of the course is to
train for research, in both industry and academia. Doctoral positions
represent a first group of opportunities after the PRIAM course, leading
then to careers in research, in both industry and academia. The
methodological skills and expertise acquired allow students to directly
take some positions in the industry: breeding companies, feed stuff
companies, technical institutes, extension services, biotech companies,
wildlife conservatories, etc.

In-depth description & application start here (click the Apply box) :
https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/...programmes

NB : sorry for remaining french wording on the website . If you click on
"Programme" (=program) then "Semestre" 3 or 4 (=semesters), you will access
to description of every modules in english!

Important : the sooner you apply, the better we can prepare your
application for a scholarship (NOT automatic) if relevant. We will then
guide you through the process.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon in Paris ! Do not
hesitate to circulate this. I am available for any questions regarding
PRIAM

Best regards
Thomas Heams

AgroParisTech - 16 rue Claude Bernard - 75231 Paris Cedex 05 - +33 1 44087218
INRA - Domaine de Vilvert Bâtiment 211 - 78352 Jouy-en-Josas - +33 1 34652169
European Master in Animal Breeding and Genetics - EM-ABG – http://emabg.eu
Infravies, le vivant sans frontières - Seuil (4 avril 2019)

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team