AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Fri Feb 22 13:21:11 2019
From: Andres Legarra-Albizu <andres.legarrainra.fr>
Subject: Re: software for exact p-values for association
       analysis on single
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 13:21:11 -0600

Patrik

the marker effect is shrunken, but its s.error. is shrunken as well. As a
result, the test (effect estimate / standard error) is the same as fixed
regression. This was proven (mathematically) years ago in bernal-rubio
et al. You may try to amuse yourself to verify with an example data set;
we did it because we could not believe.

Andres

On 21 Feb 2019, at 20:08, Patrik Waldmann <patrik.waldmannslu.se> wrote:

Max,

you're right, these test aren't exact. GBLUP is a form of ridge regression,
and as such provides shrinked, biased estimates of the regression
coefficients, and the variance (and standard deviation) of the estimates
will always be smaller compared to OLS estimates. The p-values cannot be
used in any form of hypothesis testing. It would be better to perform
single SNP regressions, and do some form of multiple comparison correction,
for example the local false discovery rate proposed by Bradley Efron.

Best regards,

Patrik Waldmann SLU, Uppsala Sweden