AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Mon Feb 11 18:22:02 2019
From: Hong Lee <Hong.Leeunisa.edu.au>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Post doc position in Adelaide
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 18:22:02 -0600

Research Associate: Genetic Epidemiology/Statistical
Genetics/Bioinformatics (Research Level ARAS)

 * Based in South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute
   (SAHMRI) located at City West Campus
 * Full-time, thirty (30) month fixed term contract
 * Salary range: $85,680 - $91,969 per annum (plus super)

About the Job

As the Research Associate, you will contribute to the research activities
relating to a National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) funded
project titled ‘Identifying pathways to dementia: a large-scale genetic
study’. This is a large-scale systems epidemiology project which uses
genetic and bioinformatic approaches, to discover risk factor profiles
(‘subtypes’), novel mechanisms, and potential drug targets that can
help with early prevention of cognitive diseases.

You will use genetic and machine learning approaches to obtain genetic
support for causal disease pathways, working closely with the project lead
and supported by the local study team and international collaborators at
the University of Oxford and University of Exeter in the United Kingdom,
and University of Tampere in Finland.

Skills and Experience

To be considered for this role, you will have postgraduate qualifications
in a relevant field e.g. quantitative genetics, statistics, bioinformatics,
computer programming, mathematics, machine learning, epidemiology, pharmacy
along with knowledge and understanding of genetic principles and concepts
related to disease risk prediction and prevention.

You will come with experience with statistical analysis of quantitative
large-scale data including genetic information, and handling large data
sets along with a developing record of research achievement as demonstrated
by publications, conference papers and other research activities,
commensurate with this opportunity.

A University of Enterprise

The University of South Australia https://www.unisa.edu.au/ (UniSA) is an
innovative, outward-looking institution known for its strong and engaged
research and its experientially-based teaching and learning that is
conducted in close collaboration with business, industry, government and
the professions.

In recent years, we have maintained a strong upward trajectory across a
number of key indicators and are ranked among the world’s top 50 young
institutions. We are committed to international education activities and
alumni, graduates who are equipped to meet the demands and expectations of
the worldwide workforce, a culturally diverse staff and increasing student
mobility.

Benefits on Offer

At UniSA, we seek to enrich people’s lives through the creation and
application of knowledge. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational
culture that promotes a strong commitment to educating professionals,
sharing knowledge, and engaging with our communities.

We offer a competitive remuneration package and we have a family friendly
approach to ensure you enjoy a healthy work/life balance.

Lodging your Application

For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit
https://workingatunisa.nga.net.au/. Please refer to the online application
form which will indicate which selection criteria you need to address.
Please address your cover letter for the role to Amruta Das, Recruitment
Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment
process, you can contact the UniSA Recruitment Central Team on +618 8302
1700 or via email to recruitmentunisa.edu.au using job reference number
#1619.

Applications close: 11:30pm Tuesday 12 March 2019

For informal queries, contact: Elina.hypponenunisa.edu.au

Or, please use this link: http://tinyurl.com/y5qr2q38

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team